Friday, October 9, 2009

HumbleVegan Oatmeal Updated


Brrrrr....(well, not yet..but soon.) With the forecast turning cooler... I wanted to post this scrumptiously DEEE - licious oatmeal recipe. Saturday morning temps should be in the low 50's and what better breakfast then a hot steamy bowl of oatmeal. The almond milk gives it the creaminess of a custard pie or bread pudding. The coconut makes you think of a coconut cream pie.



As always, I DO organic as much as possible.

Ok, here’s what you need:

HUMBLE VEGAN OATMEAL

Bring to a soft boil and cut heat down to a slow simmer:
1 cup Organic steel cut oats
2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze milk
Be sure and stir so the oatmeal does not stick or burn.

Add ingredients for your taste preference:
Raisins
Chopped walnuts, or pecans, or almonds
Unsweetened coconut
Agave nectar
Cinnamon


Mix all together and let simmer for about one minute.

Now take your bowl of steamy oatmeal and go snuggle up by the fire.
I just made oatmeal yesterday with 1/2 cup of mashed up bananas!! AWESOME!!! Leave some chunks in the bananas... it really makes a great change to your oat meal.
Also, a couple of weeks ago, I added some fresh mashed up pumkin, again leaving some chunks. WOW!!! that was so good with the pecans, lots of cinnamon and some chopped apples!!

Until Next Time.....

GOOD HEALTH TO ALL!!

2 comments:

  1. Oatmeals is one of my favorite meals to start off my day right. Cinnamon and some nuts make it so incredibly decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Beany!! So great to hear from you!
    How's that gorgeous Calif weather today?

    Oatmeal is one of my faves too! especially when it gets "chilly." You are so right! Cinnamon and nuts really make the diff. I could not believe how awesome the coconut made it taste too. I had some left over from my Vegan Oatmeal raisin coconut walnut cookies and decided to toss it in my oatmeal :-) I've also used fresh mango, bananas or apples in my recipe.

    I think you might enjoy this one :-)

    Have a fabulous day and hope you'll stop back by some time!

    ReplyDelete